Foster care is about ordinary people doing extraordinary things. It is about opening your home and your heart to a child who is not safe in his or her home due to abuse, neglect or dependency. These children need a temporary, safe and nurturing environment where they can thrive while their parents address the challenges in their lives with the expectation that the child and parents will be reunited. When this outcome is not possible, foster parents help prepare the child for adoption. Foster parenting is rewarding, life-changing, heartbreaking and joyful. Are you ready for this adventure? Click here to start your journey with us.
Foster Parents are Heros Who:
- Care for children of all ages, races, and religions from all geographic areas.
- Meet the basic day-to-day needs of the children and work with the family's social worker regarding family member visitations, special treatment needs of the child and the hopeful reunification of the child with the family.
- Are open to a child's past, willing to adjust their parenting to fit a child's needs, and are vital members of the treatment team.
- Help the child heal from past experiences and to grow emotionally, psychologically and educationally.
- Enjoy the challenges and rewards that come from helping youth develop self-esteem and a healthy perspective on life.
- Share their hearts, their homes and their family experience.