Richland County Children Services is staffed by more than 100 fulltime employees dedicated to assisting children and families in need. Most of our staff has bachelor’s degrees and many have obtained master’s degrees. Our employees also undergo frequent, ongoing training to best serve our community.
We strive to create a community where children are protected from harm and neglect and where parents can meet their children’s needs in a loving, safe home. At RCCS, we consider our efforts to be successful when we:
- Positively impacted a child’s life and made a difference in his/her family;
- Improved parenting skills and provided support to keep families together;
- Assured children are safe and protected;
- Stopped children from being abused and neglected;
- Helped children achieve permanency in a home, preferably their own but in foster or adoptive homes if necessary; and
- Protected the confidentiality of everyone involved in the process.